The AHA’s ACLS course builds on the foundation of lifesaving BLS skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. Reflects
science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
Who should take this course?
For healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular
emergencies and for personnel in emergency response
What does this course teach?
• Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device, and use of an AED
• Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
• Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
• Airway management
• Related pharmacology
• Management of ACS and stroke
• Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
The ACLS Instructor-led course teaches the importance of preventing cardiac arrest, high-performance teams, early and
continuous high-quality CPR, systems of care, recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, post-cardiac arrest
care, acute dysrhythmias, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes (ACS).
ACLS Provider Course Completion Card, valid for two years
Continuous professional development – accredited by the health professions council of South Africa
= 30 CEUs including 2 CEU’s for ethics
Cancellation and Postponement Policy
At HSTCSA Pty Ltd, we understand that unforeseen circumstances can arise. However, given the logistical and preparatory commitments associated with our courses, we have the following policy in place:
Should you need to cancel your booking, please note that we are unable to process refunds for cancellations made within 2 weeks of the course commencement. Additionally, if you wish to postpone your participation to a later date within this 2-week window, a rescheduling fee will be applied. The fee is R1800 for all Advanced Life Support courses and R500 for BLS and First Aid courses.
This policy is necessitated by the dual impact of late rescheduling:
- The initially booked course date remains occupied, making it challenging for another participant to step in given the limited preparation time.
- The new date you choose will also be reserved for you, effectively occupying two slots across two different course dates.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this regard, ensuring that our courses run smoothly and offer optimal learning experiences for all participants.