The AHA’s BLS course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED. Reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
Who should take this course?
The AHA’s BLS Course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic
cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings
What does this course teach?
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
The BLS Instructor-led course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both prehospital
and in-facility environments, with a focus on High-Quality CPR and team dynamics.
Full BLS Provider Course takes approximately 4.5 hours to complete, including skills practice and skills testing
BLS Renewal Course takes approximately 3 hours to complete, including skills practice and testing
Course time based on 1 instructor: 6 students: 2 manikins
BLS Provider Course Completion Card, valid for two years
Continuous professional development – accredited by the health professions council of South Africa
= 10 CEUs
Cancellation and Postponement Policy
At HSTCSA Pty Ltd, we understand that unforeseen circumstances can arise. However, given the logistical and preparatory commitments associated with our courses, we have the following policy in place:
Should you need to cancel your booking, please note that we are unable to process refunds for cancellations made within 2 weeks of the course commencement. Additionally, if you wish to postpone your participation to a later date within this 2-week window, a rescheduling fee will be applied. The fee is R1800 for all Advanced Life Support courses and R500 for BLS and First Aid courses.
This policy is necessitated by the dual impact of late rescheduling:
- The initially booked course date remains occupied, making it challenging for another participant to step in given the limited preparation time.
- The new date you choose will also be reserved for you, effectively occupying two slots across two different course dates.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this regard, ensuring that our courses run smoothly and offer optimal learning experiences for all participants.